Monday, November 16, 2009

Sister Musick's dinner meeting tonight ... courtesy of the Rollins Family

Hi Cathy,
We just finished dinner with your daughter and her companion, Sis. Au Sue. We loved having them in our home. What a wonderful spirit they bring with them! You daughter looks well and happy. They had just come from teaching some investigators who had some tough questions about women and the priesthood and why you have to be baptized if you were already baptized in another church. We had a great conversation and I know my husband really enjoyed helping them to know how to answer their questions.

We had rootbeer floats for dessert and Sister Musick seemed excited about that. Thanks for the suggestion! Next time we have them over we will have taco soup, which is a family favorite for us too. Your daughter appreciated the message I passed on about her nephews.

After dinner, they taught a short lesson about faith. Sister Musick seemed much more comfortable teaching today. She talked a little about her shoulder and how she is trying to have faith about that. She did mention that she had had a blessing for her shoulder. We could see how she has already grown in just the short time she has been here.

Sister Au Sue is also a wonderful missionary. She has been here for 4 1/2 months but she is hoping that she won't be transferred in Dec. She said the mission president had said she wouldn't be and she is hoping he won't change his mind. They seem to have bonded and are close and since they are hoping Sister Au Sue won't be
transferred, I thought that was a good sign that they must get along well.

Thanks for sharing your daughter with us! We feel privileged to have sisters serving in our ward. They have touched many lives. We really enjoyed getting to know Sister Musick a little better today at dinner. We hope to have them back when our daughter is back at Christmas to prepare for her mission. Since we have to share them with 5 wards, we don't get to have them a much as we would like to but I know Heidi will want to meet them.

I am hoping that Heidi and Stephen do run into each other at the MTC. I think that would be so neat! Thanks for sharing your family blogs. It helped me get to know your daughter a little better. Your grandsons are adorable. I don't mind if you post what I have written to you on Sister Musick's blog. I have been trying to decide if I want to do something like that for our missionaries. I have never done a blog before, so I will have to look into it. It seems like a nice way for family and friends to keep up with what is going on. But I'm not sure I will have the time to keep it up. If there is anything I can do for you or your daughter please let me know. I am so glad to have connected with you!

Love,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment