Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Call 2009

Sister Musick called us in the evening just as we were beginning our Christmas dinner. She said she was going to call at 7:00 and we got a later start on dinner and forgot the hour time difference so her call came just as we were beginning to eat. I ate my dinner in the other room while listening to her on the phone. She got to talk to her Dad and I and then asked to talk to her Papa and Grandma Kelsey where she challenged her Papa to read part of the introduction of the Book of Mormon so he would understand what she was doing in Idaho. He responded that he knew what she was doing and she told him she wanted him to know why she was doing it. After she got a committment out of him to read it, she proceeded to earnestly testify to him of the truthfulness of the gospel and the restoration of the church and of Jesus Christ, our Savior. It was amazing to hear her and we marveled at how clear and direct she was speaking. We looked at each other and asked, "Who is this girl?" It was so impressive; I was crying, Grandma was crying, Dad had tears in his eyes and Papa had a lump in his throat. It was something else. Later that night Papa turned to me and remarked that I must be pretty proud of my daughter. I don't even think he knows how amazed I was of her. She also made Grandma promise to check up on him to make sure he read (which he has read already). She said he could just go ahead and continue reading once he got through the introduction part and into the Book of Mormon. We all got a chuckle out of that.

She got to talk to her sister, Kelsey, and brother-in-law, Lance, who told her of an few experiences he had on his mission that - without him knowing - were exactly what she needed to hear. She loves her family and (I think) was missing us a little during the holidays, but she is one determined girl and is ready for a new year.

Thanks for a wonderful present, Sister Musick!

No comments:

Post a Comment